Rongai Route daily hiking outlines 6 days
The route described below includes the 'Mawenzi Tarn Hut variation' which is recommended for acclimatization. However, Rongai route 6 days travel package skip this and proceed directly from Simba camp to a 'Third Camp' at around 3700m to Kibo Hut, resulting in 5-day total trip.
1. Drive 2 hours from the Marangu gate to the Rongai Gate. Walk to Simba Camp at 2,650 metres (8,690 ft), 2.5-3 hrs. Trekking begins through plantations then rain forest and finally bush country. Walk to second Cave at 3,450 metres (11,320 ft), 3½ hrs. A gentle day through bush then heathers.
2. Gentle rising traverse through moorland over several ridges to Kikelelwa Caves, 3,600 metres (11,800 ft), 3 hours.
3. Moorland then screes to Mawenzi Tarn Hut, 4,330 metres (14,210 ft), 3-3.5 hrs.
4. Easy angled screes slopes lead across the Saddle to Kibo Hut, 4,700 metres (15,400 ft), 4.5-5 hrs.
5. Very early start for the summit on steep scree up to Gillman's Point (5,681 metres (18,638 ft)), which is on the crater rim. Continue around the rim (which will take about two hours if you are fit) to Uhuru Peak (5,895 metres (19,341 ft)) the highest point in Africa. Descend to Kibo Hut and then down to the thicker air and relative warmth of Horombo hut.
6. Descend to Marangu gate, meet and transfer you back to the Hotel for shower and relaxing.
THE prices include all services: Airport transfers from Kilimanjaro Airport, Transport from Hotel to Kilimanjaro Machame gate, all park fees, salaries of guides/porters/cook, all meals on the mountain, clean safe drinking water, accommodation equipment, and Government tax, certificate of climbing, first aid, rescue and transfer to/from Arusha or Moshi.
----Join group prices is 1440 US $ per person (or group booking 6 or more)
--2 to 5 people booking private trip pay 1570 US $ per person
Services not included: Flight to Tanzania, Entry VISA, Good deluxe hotel, Climbing gears (available for rent), tips to guides, porters, coordinator and items of a personal nature.
We provide freedom for you to choose standard of Hotel you need:
A – Bristol Cottages or Keys Hotels = 35 US $ per person On B/B
B – Sal Salinero Hotel Moshi = 90 US $ per person On B/B
More information and Travel tips are: More details we can discuss as we go ahead.
- Exercises and training
- Diamoz use
Listed below are hotels/lodges/resorts that the safari tour operator can accomodate for you.