3 Days Nairobi - Masai Mara
Day 1: Nairobi - Maasai Mara Game Reserve
Depart Nairobi at 09.00hrs and head southwest, travel along the floor of Great Rift Valley to the Famous Maasai Mara. Stop over at Narok town for Lunch and later climb western wall entering Hemmingway's country 'Serengeti plains'. Arrive late afternoon in the Maasai Mara for game drive-enroute- as we head to the lodge for dinner and overnight stay.
Overnight: Mara Engai Tented Camp (l,d)
Day 2: Maasai Mara Game Reserve
We spend the whole day exploring this unique reserve, which forms the northern part of the famous Serengeti National Park –Tanzania. The day will be taken up tracking game and there wi9ll be a break for picnic lunch at the hippo pool. The abundance and variety of game in this reserve is nothing short of amazing. Practically every mammal can be seen in the Mara with a few exceptions. Various antelopes, scavengers like hyenas and Vulture are common.
The reserve contains all the cats that are; Lion, Cheetah and Leopard; sighting a leopard needs luck more than just being there but lions are abundant and there are excellent chances for spotting cheetah. The hippo pool is popular spot to watch out for hippos; with luck, you catch Crocodile basking on the rocks. Elephants, buffalo, the Masai giraffe, Wildebeest and the common zebra abound. Return to the lodge for dinner and overnight stay.
Overnight: Mara Engai Tented Camp (b,l,d)
Day 3: Maasai Mara - Nairobi
After breakfast, we depart to Nairobi, stop over or visit a nearby Maasai village to see their nomadic lifestyle. Enjoy a picnic lunch enroute and arrive in Nairobi in the evening at 18.00hrs.
Meal plan: (b)
• Transport based in a Minivan with pop up roof for game viewing (Includes: Safari vehicle, Driver Allowance, Fuel cost, Park Fee for driver and Vehicle.)
• Park entrance fee at the Maasai mara game.
• 1 Complimentary bottle of drinking mineral water daily while on safari.
• Full board accommodation as stated while on safari
• Service of an English speaking driver guide
• Game drive as per the Itinerary
• Traveling and accommodation costs between arrival/departure and the start and end points of the itinerary.
• Hot air Balloon flight in Maasai Mara – US$ 500 per person extra (Price is subject to confirmation at the time of booking.)
• Tips to driver guides and porter.
• Extras at the lodges i.e. drinks, telephone, laundry etc.
Listed below are hotels/lodges/resorts that the safari tour operator can accomodate for you.