DAY 1: NANYUKI – SIRIMON GATE 2650m – JUDIMEER CAMP 3300m
Depart Nairobi at 7:00 am to Sirimon gate via Nanyuki to pick the mountain crews. After lunch at Sirimon gate, trek will start to Old Moses camp, a distance of 9km that take a bout 3-4 hours passing through forest of indigenous trees like Podocapus trees, Douglass fire, Red Cinder, pine e.t.c and then to Bamboo and finally to Heath part. Dinner and over night at Judimear Camp.
DAY2: JUDIMEER CAMP – SHIPTONS CAMP 4200m
Wake up at 6:00am in the morning and pack your belongings and then have breakfast at 6:30.
After breakfast at 6:30am, leave Old Moses camp with a picnic lunch exactly at 7:00 am to shiptons camp a distance of 14 km a journey that takes 6-7 hours. Shiptons camp is located at the base of the highest peaks in Mt Kenya. Dinner and overnight at Shiptons camp
DAY3: SHIPTONS CAMP – LENANA SUMMIT 4985m – JUDIMEER CAMP
Wake up very early in the morning exactly at 2:00 am to prepare your self and the take pre breakfast at 2:30 am. Leave Shiptons at 3:00 am to attempt the summit a journey that takes 3 ½ hours to reach the summit. Point Lenana is the 3rd highest peak in Mt Kenya and the only one that can be reached by trekking. On a clear sky day you can see Mt Kilimanjaro on southern side and Indian Ocean shining as the sun is rising. After enjoying the summit, descend down to back to descend down to Shiptons Hut for full breakfast. Here the guide will give you 2 hour to relax before you proceed further to Judimear Camp for lunch where you will spend your night.
DAY4: JUDIMEER CAMPt – NAIROBI
After breakfast at 7:30, you will walk down to Sirimon gate where you will meet a transfer vehicle to Nanyuki town or if you are too much exhausted, a guide can organize for you a 4x4 wheel drive vehicle
KENYAN CITIZEN 12000 Ksh/=
KENYAN RESIDENT 280 US$.
NON-RESIDENT 400 US$
Price Included in the price:
• Guarantee trek on confirmation
• Transfer to and from the base of the mountain
• Full board accommodation whilst on the trek.
• Meal plan as detailed: B=Breakfast, L=Lunch and D=Dinner
• Accommodations in camps/huts as per the itinerary
• All park entrance fees to include government taxes
• Service of an English speaking professional porters and skilled cook
• Start and finish in Nairobi
• Tips, sleeping bags, drinks e.g. Sodas& beer,
• All climbing gears
• Items of personal nature
• Any other extras not detailed in the above itinerary