Days 1 & 2
From Windhoek we drive to Kulala Desert Lodge in the private Kulala Wilderness Reserve. Here we explore the iconic dunes of Sossusvlei, the moon-like landscape of Dead Vlei and the surprising variety of wildlife of the Namib Desert.
Days 3 & 4
We take a scenic flight to Swakopmund, a picturesque town that blends European and African culture. We’ll explore the Atlantic coast with a private boat cruise from Walvis Bay to Sandwich Harbour (weather permitting) to see diverse pelagic (ocean-going) birdlife, Cape fur seals and rare Heaviside's dolphins up close. We stay at the grand Hansa Hotel.
Days 5 & 6
Travel up the legendary Skeleton Coast and past the Brandberg Mountain – the second largest monolith on earth – to Damaraland Camp. Game drives and nature walks showcase the stark desert beauty and its fascinating desert-adapted wildlife.
Days 7 & 8
Drive north to Desert Rhino Camp in the enormous Palmwag Concession. Few places on the planet can offer this level of privacy and wilderness experience. Highlights include tracking the black rhino, game drives and nature walks – and meeting ancient plants.
Days 9, 10 & 11
We depart for Etosha National Park where we experience the pinnacle of game viewing and are accommodated in the privacy of Ongava Tented Camp on the extensive and productive private Ongava Game Reserve.
Say farewell to the adventure as we return by light aircraft to Windhoek, arriving at approximately 4pm.
End of safari
Our rates include:
• All meals
• A reasonable amount of soft drinks, mineral water, fruit juice, house wine and beer, as well as local spirits such as gin
and Amarula while at the Wilderness Camps
• National Park fees
• Laundry (excluded at Hansa Hotel)
• Scheduled activities
• All internal charters on a seat-rate basis as specified in the detailed safari itinerary
Our rates exclude:
• Flights (other than specified in the detailed safari itinerary)
• Compulsory comprehensive insurance
• All drinks while in Swakopmund (Hansa Hotel)
• All personal purchases (including curios, spirit liquors, telephone calls, etc.)
• Optional extra activities
• All other travel arrangements pre and post the safari
• Any new Government taxes, levies, fuel or industry increases which are beyond our control.
Listed below are hotels/lodges/resorts that the safari tour operator can accomodate for you.